Tuesday, July 3, 2012

sarajevo living.

So. First - there is no judging for messy rooms and crummy pictures. I know the lighting sucks and I know that we could probably use a good cleaning day. I just want to give you all an idea of where and how we are living.

This is the bedroom for most of us. Out of 14 students, 7 of us girls reside here. You can see 5 of the beds - there is another one in both the bottom left and right corners that you can't quite see. As hesitant as I was about living in close quarters with 6 other girls, it hasn't been bad at all. Notice the fan. We have 2 and no air conditioning. Melting has been a frequent daily/nightly occurrence.


On the other side of the room (separated by some wardrobes) is this small/cozy common area - comfy couch and chair as well as a table. It's nice, but we actually don't hang out in here a lot.



This is bedroom number 2. The 3 lucky girls who arrived first claimed these beds. They even have their own shower (though I definitely use theirs because the hot water works the best in there). The 4 boys have their own room (2 bunk beds) but I didn't take a picture of it - I kind of feel like their room is off limits...


Oh - and Elizabeth is waving in this picture, not covering her face. That was poor photo timing on my part.



This is the common area in which we spend most of our chill time in the hostel. There's a computer for those who would like to use that. Wifi works best out here - so we all kind of sprawl all over the floor...



...and in this little area with the wicker furniture. The whole set up works quite well for us thus far.




And here is where I keep my shoes. We don't wear them in the hostel. I know this is the part you were most interested in, so I just had to share it (I just love that I have a little cubby :)



Our front door. With cute little Kat and Anya hiding from the wonderful rainstorm we got this evening. It really was blessed and needed. It's been in the upper 90s/lower 100s the past couple days.


And - this is the bar right next to us. It is quite convenient when you want food but don't wish to traverse too far (not sure why it has the British flag in the background - we ponder this frequently, but can't really ask because owner speaks very little English). However...



...but we fall asleep to this every. single. night. This video cannot capture the noise and general merriment that wafts loudly from two floors below to our lovely rooms. It takes a little getting used to, and the EuroCup Final made it absolutely impossible to sleep 2 nights ago - Spain won - it was an allllllll night party.



p.s. sorry again for the crummy pictures and video...not quite up to my standards at all - lowers head in shame.






No comments:

Post a Comment